Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Join me for a spot?

Of tea, that is. I have a friend who, whenever I think of her, reminds me of tea. It's odd because she is an American living abroad and we've never actually met. However, we are quite certain that we adore each other nonetheless and we would spend a great deal of time drinking tea and chatting should we ever have the chance.

My eight year old son enjoys tea very much. He likes it plain with one ice cube to cool it a bit. He takes the funniest little sips while we curl up on the couch and read books before bedtime. His favorite flavors are fruity - he is eight after all - but he looks forward to the day when I will deem him old enough to try a cup of "real Earl Grey".

I realize that anyone reading this is likely to be an expert in all things brewed, but I am going to tell you about my novice picks anyway. Being in Canada, I naturally enjoy David's Tea. I found this little shop in Winnipeg last summer and was taken in by the tidy lines and bright colors.

www.davidstea.com

My first venture however was into a gorgeous shop in Victoria called Silk Road. Fall down gorgeous. I oohed and aahed and then spent an hour sniffing and tasting and then finally trading every penny I had for a menagerie of little tins filled with mysterious flavors.


www.silkroadtea.com

I am suddenly acutely aware that a friend of mine in another city runs a tea business and I have failed to try her wares. Darn it! I do know from many reputable sources that her teas are consistently delightful so I will promote her blindly. (And promise to order soon!)

www.sistersleap.ca

3 comments:

Chibi said...

I *love* tea, but for some reason the majority of herbal/flavoured teas intimidate me - I stick with orange pekoe and Earl Grey. :)

Liz said...

I was in Victoria this past October and loved it. Unfortunately, I did not come across this little tea shop! I can't wait to get back to Victoria so when I do I am hunting this place down!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. :-)

Anonymous said...

One of these days, one of these days, I must come visit you and then we can go to the tea shop together. :)

I often think of you, too, when I'm making my afternoon tea. That's the time of day when Stephen snuggles on my lap/nurses/dozes off. Perfect time for tea, but would be even better if I could sit there with you!