Tuesday, April 19, 2011

You've Seen the Commercials...

Okay, you know the tv ads for Disney? The ones meant to make every North American parent open up their wallets out of guilt because they have not yet provided their children with the surprise of a lifetime... yay, daddy we're going to Disney RIGHT NOW!?

They are getting to me. I asked the little one if he wanted to go. He said no. The older one said "grunt". Hubs said "it's cheaper to go to Canada's Wonderland". I never went to Disney, my mother never went. If I don't take my kids, that makes *three generations of kids in my family who never went to Disneyland*! Will this not make me a bad parent?

In case you are wondering, it would cost us about $5000 to go for 5 days. That's the cost of 5 summer vacations to British Columbia.

Goddamn advertising.

No comments: